Fast Falling Weight Deflectometer
The Fast Falling Weight Deflectometer (FFWD) is 5 times faster per drop than the original Falling Weight Deflectometer. The FWD is designed to impart a load pulse to the pavement surface simulating the load produced by a moving vehicle. The load pulse is measured by a load cell with a resolution of 0.1 kPa, and the pavement response is recorded by up to 15 deflection sensors with a resolution of 0.1μm.
The post-processing software (i.e. Dynatest ELMOD- Evaluation of Layer Moduli and Overlay Design) can be used to back-calculate the pavement layer moduli based on the impact load and surface deflection basin. The results can effectively be used for the evaluation of pavement structural condition and overlay design based on empirical or mechanistic-empirical pavement design guides.
Key features and benefits
- The Fast Falling Weight Deflectometer (FFWD) is 5 times faster per drop than the Falling Weight Deflectometer
- No hydraulics
- Same sensor setup and user interface as with the Falling Weight Deflectometer
- Passes AASHTO R 32 and the UK Correlation trial
- 75% more test points per hour or 45% less traffic exposure
- Lower maintenance cost
- Ease of training operators and service personnel
- Consistent data with Dynatest Model 8002 FWD
- Upgrade capability from Model 8002 FWD to FastFWD
Get a closer look
Do you need more information?
Fill in this form and you will get contacted by one of our specialists.