Light Weight Deflectometer
The Dynatest Light Weight Deflectometer (LWD) is a portable version of the Falling Weight Deflectometer (FWD). The LWD uses a load cell and geophones with the same accuracy as the Falling Weight Deflectometer. The LWD can be used to test thin asphaltic pavements, recycled materials bound with foamed bitumen and directly test the unbound subbase and subgrade. The output from the LWD can be used to calculate the strength of multiple pavement layers. The Light Weight Deflectometer (LWD) meets the ASTM 2583, the IAN73 (UK) standard, the Danish standard, and the Italian standard for determining the modulus and compaction of the material. With this high quality LWD it is easy to do measurement in even the most rural places.
The LWD App gives a clear overview of the collected measurements and makes it a simple process to quickly collect new drops. The LWD App provides export options, including export of dataset to the applied device, iCloud, or sharing through email.
- One person operation
- Rapid test allows close test point spacing ensuring homogeneity of the test section
- Modulus output at time of test
- The LWD App gives a clear overview of the collected measurements
- Assessment of both the compaction and stiffness of material with the same unit
- Quality control of the subbase layers and subgrade before an overlay is applied
- Testing of trench restorations to reduce the chance of settlement over time
Watch this movie to see the smart features of the Dynatest LWD
Get to know more about the Dynatest LWD and how it works. Watch the movie.
Watch the movie to learn more about the LWD test method
Get to know more about the LWD and how it works. Watch the movie.
Do you need more information?
Fill in this form and you will get contacted by one of our specialists.