Falling Weight Deflectometer
The Dynatest Falling Weight Deflectometer (FWD) applies a dynamic load that simulates the loading of a moving wheel. The pavement response is analyzed with Dynatest’s ELMOD (Evaluation of Layer Moduli and Overlay Design) software to determine the elastic moduli, stresses, and strains of each modeled layer. ELMOD reports the weakest layer of failure, residual life and determines the optimum rehabilitation alternatives. The FWD is available as a trailer or a truck-mounted version (the USA only) meeting all FWD standards worldwide.
Key benefits and features
- Automated and rapid structural pavement testing applicable to pavements all over the world
- Determines the layer of failure, rather than simply determining the bearing capacity
- QA/QC of newly built pavements
- Compares a range of rehabilitation options, including plane off and recycling rather than just applying overlays
- The use of the FWD provides accurate, reproducible, and repeatable structural data
- Automated and real-time monitoring of the load cell, geophones, and data variations ensures high quality of collected data
- Uses mechanistic-empirical analysis applicable to most of pavement structures
- The FWD is used worldwide from the hottest and driest deserts to the humid tropics and the cooler polar regions
Get a closer look
Do you need more information?
Fill in this form and you will get contacted by one of our specialists.